Today’s prompt– Sharing Colors
[ RED ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of red? Red lipstick– I have always loved red lipstick. It’s so old movie star glam.
- Closest red thing to you? A Christmas card on my desk
- What is the last thing that made you angry? Big angry or little angry? Hmmmm… little angry was Isaac’s second failed, and very messy, science experiment dripping down the kitchen cabinets. I can’t remember big angry, but it probably started with too little sleep.
- Are you a fan of romance? Bodice rippers? NO! Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed lassoing the moon? YES!
- Do you have a temper? HA! Yes. Fierce.
[ GREEN ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of green? Fresh cut grass and clovers dotted with honeybees.
- Closest green thing to you? A note from the school about calls from Santa Claus
- What’s your favorite green environment? My backyard in the summer!
- Are you jealous of anyone right now? Not really– maybe Mary Oliver’s talent as a poet? Oh, and people who have clean houses and a laundry service.
- Are you a lucky person? No, but I’m blessed.
[ PURPLE ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of purple? Prince, sadly enough.
- Closest purple thing to you? Twinkly Christmas lights
- Do you like being treated like royalty? No, I think it would be pretty frickin’ miserable.
- Do you like mysterious things? Not really– I’m more into honesty and open books. However, I do love ghost stories. I mean, I really love them.
- Are you intuitive? Yes, my body screams at me when I won’t listen.
[ BLUE ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of blue? My mountains. HOME.
- Closest blue thing to you? Harper Lee’s bookbag, which she left in the armchair I specifically said not to leave bookbags in. sigh
- Are you good at calming people down? Well, I suck at calming myself down, so probably not. Calm is not how I would describe myself.
- What’s your favourite body of water (i.e. lake, ocean, etc)? A mountain creek– moss-covered rocks, cold water, the smell of woods, and salamanders.
- What was the last thing that made you cry? The final scene of To Kill a Mockingbird. It always makes me cry. Boo and Scout on the front porch of the Radley house, and the narrator says, “Neighbors bring food with death, and flowers with sickness, and
little things in between. Boo was our neighbor. He gave us two soap
dolls, a broken watch and chain, a knife, and our lives.
” God, that’s good stuff.
- Are you a logical thinker? Uh, no.
[ YELLOW ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of yellow? Sunshine and goldfinches.
- Closest yellow thing to you? A ribbon on a piece of Harper Lee’s artwork
- What was one of the happiest times of your life? Being at home with Harper Lee and Isaac when they were small.
- What’s your favourite holiday? Christmas!!!
- What makes you happy? Really simple things. Home. Quiet time. Being in the woods. My children. Hanging out with Rob. Good books. Time with friends.
[ PINK ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of pink? Stuffed animals
- Closest pink thing to you? Another piece of Harper Lee’s artwork
- What sweet things do you like? Chocolate covered cherries
- Are you sensitive? YES
- What is your favourite flower? Daisies!
- Does you have a crush on someone? Yes– Gregory Peck, John Wayne, Clark Gable, and Gary Cooper (I’ve loved them forever.)
[ ORANGE ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of orange? Orange Crush soda
- Closest orange thing to you? Harper Lee’s new basketball jersey
- Do you dress up for Halloween? Absolutely.
- What gives you the warm fuzzies? Old movies.
- What would your superpower be? My superpower IS knowing Gone With the Wind by heart. I defy you to ask a trivia question I cannot answer.
[ BROWN ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of brown? Tree trunks
- Closest brown thing to you? My lovely old desk
- What is your favourite type of chocolate? DARK
- What makes you feel grounded? Being outside, writing, prayer
- Paint the wood or always leave it au naturel? Always natural– always.
[ WHITE ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of white? Weddings
- Closest white thing to you? My calendar
- Do you always try to keep the peace? No– sometimes I like a good fight.
- Do you like to play in the snow? Yes.
- Are you afraid of going to the doctors or dentist? No. I went a lot as a kid, and I got over my fear pretty quickly.
[ BLACK ]
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of black? Surry Central Cross-Country– black to black!
- Closest black thing to you? The Surry Central sweats I’m wearing right now.
- Are you sophisticated or silly? Neither, but more silly than sophisticated.
- Do you have a lot of secrets? Yes.
- What’s the new black? Black?
This post is part of Jamie and Shannon Ridler’s Blog-a-Thon.