1. Children are a gift from God.
2. Art is a form of prayer.
3. Roots are important; they sustain us.
4. My children are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.
5. You should never be afraid to defend yourself or someone in need.
6. Our bodies are made to move and sweat.
7. Our history and our stories matter; we should do everything we can to keep them alive by passing them on.
8. Worry is a huge waste of time. (*I’m still working on putting this in action even though I know it’s true.)
9. Sleep cures most of what ails us.
10. Boots are nice, but feet should touch the earth. Go barefooted. Often.
*It’s probably also true that lists are inadequate.